SARAJEVO INTERNATIONAL GUITAR FESTIVAL 2021
1. The competition is no-age limit category only.
2. The competition is international and public.
3. The competition is ONLINE.
4. The competition is divided in 3 (three) categories: Pro (up to 35 years old), Senior (up to 21 years old) and Junior (up to 17 years old)
5. The competition in the Pro category is divided into 2 stages. 1st stage is up to 15 minutes, 2nd stage (Finale) is up to 25 minutes.
6. Senior category repertoire is up to 20 minutes.
7. Junior category playing time is up to 15 minutes.
8. The Pro category competitors are obligated to send separated recordings for each stage.
9. The competitors are obligated to send a scanned ID to verify their identity and age.
10. The competitors will compete in alphabetical order. The competition order list will be published at the website and social media.
11. The competitors are obligated to perform two or more pieces of different character and style.
12. The competitors are obligated to play by heart.
13. If requested by the jury, competitors are obligated to provide scores of the compositions that they perform.
14. The „competing time“ is the entire performance of the competitor.
15. Changes to the registered program are not allowed.
16. The competitors cannot play same piece in both stages of the competition.
17. The jury of the competition is international, appointed by the Organizing board of the Festival.
18. The jury members give points from 50 – 100.
19. Awards for points are divided in 4 categories:
• First Prize : 93 – 100 points
• Second Prize : 86 – 92,99 points
• Third Prize : 80 – 85,99 points
• Acknowledgement : 70 – 79,99 points
21. Member of the jury whose student or family member is competing is not allowed to give points.
22. All the Award winners will receive certificates with number of points won.
23. A maximum 5 competitors in the Pro category, with a minimum of 88 points in the first stage can qualify for the final stage. If there are more than 5 competitors with 88 or more points, only 5 competitors with the best result qualify for the final.
24. Competitors who have qualified for the final stage will compete in the alphabetical order.
25. Final points for the Pro category will be a sum of the average number of points in both categories, divided by two.
26. The Gold Prize winner is a competitor awarded with a minimum of 93 points, and the next highest ranked competitors will be awarded with Silver and Bronze Prize.
27. If two or more competitors have over 93 points, the Gold Prize winner is the competitor with the highest number of points, and so on.
28. If the competitor performs longer than the allowed time, the jury or the jury secretary has right to stop the candidate.
29. If two or more competitors have the same number of points, the advantage goes to the younger competitor.
30. Jury decisions are final and cannot be recalled.
31. After each stage, the official results will be published on the website and social media.
32. Prizes and certificates will be sent via e-mail.
33. By applying, competitors accept the rules and terms of the competition.
The application deadline is June 20th2021.
The Competition will be held from July 1st – July 5th 2021.
Junior category – 30 EUR or 60 BAM
Senior category – 40 EUR or 80 BAM
PRO category – 60 EUR or 120 BAM
Please fill-in the application form and send it along with the recorded video, scanned ID and a proof of payment (if it’s done via bank transfer).
Payment details for bank transfers are below:
Primalac: Udruženje gitarista u Federaciji Bosne i Hercegovine, Džamijska 21, 71000 Sarajevo
Svrha uplate: Kotizacija za takmičenje / kategorija
Br. Računa: 1610000089840053
Iznos: 60 , 80 ili 120 BAM (zavisno od kategorije)
For foreign transactions:
Beneficiary name: Udruzenje gitarista u Federaciji Bosne i Hercegovine
Beneficiary address: Dzamijska 21, 71000 Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Beneficiary bank: Raiffeisen bank dd Bosna i Hercegovina
SWIFT code: RZBABA2S
IBAN code: BA391611000001610937
Amount: 30, 40 or 60 EUR – depending on the category